Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Challenge!

I've set myself a challenge, which I call the "One Tonne Challenge".

The challenge is to reduce my personal yearly CO2 emissions to 1 tonne (this is still, apparently, about 3 times what is sustainable on average across the globe, and the UK average is apparently 10 tonnes, and the US average 20 tonnes!).

The challenge is not only to meet this limit, but also to live an extraordinary, fulfilled and self-expressed life, and to share with the world what it is possible to do within that limit.

The first challenge is getting there though, so I've started this blog to track how I go, and started a blog for the first area I'm tackling... my household heating emissions. That blog is called Eco Heating and I'm about to write my first post!

No comments: